At NetBeez we are building the next generation of network monitoring tools that enable organizations reduce IT downtime. Our dedicated sensors, called Beez, simulate end-users and proactively identify issues in the most complex and large enterprise networks. We serve well-known customers like Thumbtack, Kingston, and other Fortune 1000 companies. With presence in both Pittsburgh, PA, and San Jose, CA, our team is welcoming, collaborative, and always willing to learn.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer ready to take the challenge of building the smartest distributed network monitoring solution. You will tend to the system's architecture from top to bottom and your contributions would directly impact the future of our product. From writing UI widgets to optimizing SQL queries and system resource usage optimization, you'll be exposed to all kinds of interesting engineering problems. This position is in Pittsburgh, PA.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the whole engineering team to design, build and test new product features.
- Understand how network protocols work and come up with interesting ways to test them within enterprise environments.
- Diagnose and solve performance issues and work on the overall system scalability.
- Interact with customers address their requirements.
- Be a proactive and energetic team member that influences architectural decisions.
- Participate in all code review processes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Completed a degree in Computer Science or related field (B.S. or M.S.).
- 3 years industry experience of developing, testing and deploying production grade software.
- Backend development with Node.JS and/or Ruby on Rails is required.
- SQL: Understanding of how queries, indexes and the relational model works. Be fluent in writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of RESTFul APIs is required.
- Experience with d3.js is considered a plus.
- Proficiency with Linux administration.
Benefits and Perks
- Full Medical Insurance (including partial dental and vision).
- Lucrative PTO package.
- Stock options.
- Company sponsored lunch 3 days a week.