What you tell your friends you do
"I'm building a hive for swarms of beez within networks. I tell the beez where to gather information from and bring it to the hive for analysis."
What will you really be doing
- Identify resource bottlenecks throughout the system and find solution to alleviate them. The better these bottlenecks are taken care of, the more beez our servers can manage. This include algorithm optimization, query optimization, memory management, configuration management etc.
- Make improvements to the deployment pipeline to ensure smooth and frequent releases.
- Keep your eyes and ears open for ways we can further streamline our development process.
- Improving the user experience by writing new web-based UI widgets.
Skills & Requirements
This position is all about building up features requested by our customers, improving our development process and working together with our CTO (technical co-founder) to make our product even more robust, make software delivery streamlined and up to standards. The following is to give you an idea of who we want to work with:
- Someone with a degree in Computer Science or related field (B.S. or M.S.), although if you don't have one and you think that you have the necessary algorithms, data structures, and software engineering skills then you shouldn't exclude yourself.
- Someone with 3 years industry experience of developing, testing and deploying production grade software, that knows how to do constructive code reviews and knows how to build automated testing and software bundling.
- Someone with backend development experience with Node.JS and/or Ruby on Rails would help us with our current stack.
- Someone who knows how queries, indexes and the relational model works, and be fluent in writing SQL queries.
- Knowledge of RESTFul APIs either with consuming them or building them.
- Experience with d3.js is considered a plus.
- Someone with proficiency with Linux administration since our product runs on Linux.
At NetBeez we are building the next generation of network monitoring tools that enable organizations reduce IT downtime. Our dedicated sensors, called Beez, simulate end-users and proactively identify issues in the most complex and large enterprise networks. We serve well-known customers like Thumbtack, Kingston, and other Fortune 1000 companies. With presence in both Pittsburgh, PA, and San Jose, CA, our team is welcoming, collaborative, and always willing to learn. NetBeez has received institutional investments from Partech Ventures, Y Combinator, Innovation Works and CMU.
What have we worked on last quarter
- Automating Speedtests, Iperf and VoIP tests to run on a specific schedule throughout the swarm.
- Released a public API where our users can use to build their own dashboards. We have also open-sourced a public-dashboard as an example of using the APIs (https://public.netbeezcloud.net).
- Improved the scalability of our solution by modularizing and distributing the processing load into multiple processes.
You'll become a member of an agile and diverse team of engineers and designers. You'll be working directly with the co-founders of the company and your input will help us steer the product development to the right direction.
We use a few communication tools you may find interesting to have everyone on the same page, like Slack, JIRA and Google Apps.
Benefits and Perks
- Full Medical Insurance (including partial dental and vision).
- Lucrative PTO package.
- Stock options.
- Company sponsored lunch 3 days a week.
- Weekly happy hours.